About us

2012-06-04

 

Short history

The Library of Mažeikiai District was founded in October 1922.  The library was connected to the centralized system in 1976.  It had 23 branches (2 in a town and 21 in villages) at that time.  The Central Library of the district was named  The Public Library of the Mažeikiai District in 1995. At present the library has 2 branches in Mažeikiai town, and 22 branches in villages. There are 273  thousand of books stock and other documents in the library.
 


Administration:

Director – Alina Bernotienė
Deputy Director – Irena Atkočaitienė
Chief Accountant – Ona Guzulaitienė

Departaments:

1. Readers Service Department, which includes Subscription, Periodical Papers Reading Room, Book Depository and Public Internet Access Point
2. Children's Literature Department with Public Internet Access Point
3. Information Department with Regional Studies Fund
4. Funds Organization Department
5. Economy departament

Contacts:

Adress: Laisvės g. 31, 89225 Mažeikiai
Company code: 190196674
Phone number: (8 443) 25949
Fax: (8 443) 31035
E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.